RE: Sim Access profile server implementation

Hi suraj,

>Which part of this is the driver and which is the agent here?

sap-ste.c is a driver for u8500 platform. The agent is not involved in this design.

>If I am not mistaken, you are sending the responses directly
>from code here, how can we extend this to another
>hardware/agent without source code change?

You are right. You can add a new driver that implements interfaces in sap.h then configure with ./configure --enable-sap=yes --with-sap=DRIVER
You don't have to modify the code, but you have to rebuild with your driver. Usually, there will be one driver per platform so it shoudl not be a problem.

>I don't see D-bus being used other than for set/get property.

We use D-bus only for enable/disable sap server. Data flow to sim is done over unix sockets (for u8500) as I have doubts to dbus reliability. However, it's good option to do tests with dbus oriented design as discussed before.

>Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards,
/Waldek--