Re: [RFC] BlueZ D-Bus Sim Access Profile Server API description

Hi Nicolas,

On 9/15/2010 1:02 PM, Nicolas GUILBAUD wrote:
Hello Marcel and Suraj,

I agree with Marcel, because in standard Mobile phone implementation, the SIM card is directly connected to the Modem. To access the SIM card, AT command (or proprietary commands) are needed, oFono implements both of them to access SIM card in Modem side, but in my understanding there is no possibilities to disconnect modem (in oFono) due to SIM SAP.

In the case where SIM card is connected to the Application processor (Linux side), it's missing the SIM stack (APDU server...). I don't find any SIM implementation in Linux, may be we have to specify it.

Other than transferring APDUs, SAP profile also specifies operations on the SIM cards like SIM Reset, SIM power on/off, Getting Card reader status etc.

How do we do these operations case of mobile phones?

Best Regards,

Nicolas.

Regards
Suraj