Re: Software caused connection abort (103 )

> Hi Jonh,
>
> First of all, don't do top posting in this mailing list. ;)

Thanks for the advise , will keep that in mind for future posts.

> In which bluez/kernel version the problem started? Any hardware update
> during this time? The problem happens when you are already tranfering
> SCO data?

I tried bluez versions 3.XX  and kernel 2.6.26(I think) the problem
occurs and the kernel panics with no core dumps.then i tried with
bluez 4.53-4.62 with
Kernel 2.6.31 and 2.6.32. the connection abort problem occurs but the
kernel doesn't
Panic. regarding the hardware update you mean the dongle or the box.Anyway
i changed both and tried different box's, this even happens on a box
with 2 giga ram
And core2 processor . as for the dongles i am using trust

http://www.twenga.co.uk/prices-Bluetooth-2-USB-Adapter-10m-BT-2250p-TRUST-Wireless-network-card-adapter-176178-0

 and also using no name dongles all the same problem.

> Please post the output of hcidump when the connection abort happens.

well that is going to be a hard one since i have more than one dongle in place
And very hard to predict which one will crash.i will work on this and update
You as soon as i have the hcidump log.

> I tried reproduce this issue in L2CAP but it is a bit hard, lets
> say it happen once in a thousand, so it's not easy to track it. I have
> to try reproduce that using the SCO, but I'm not used to that layer yet.
> ;)

I hoped that it happens 1 in 1000 in SCO , but it actually happens 1 in 15

John