Re: HDP proposed API (ver 0.4)

Just some points,

> Health Device Profile hierarchy
> ===============================
>
> Service		org.bluez
> Interface	org.bluez.HealthAdapter
> Object path	[variable prefix]/{hci0,hci1,...}
>
> Methods		object CreateInstance(object path, dict config)

I guess that 'object path' parameter is redundant.

> Service		org.bluez
> Interface	org.bluez.HealthInstance
> Object path	[variable prefix]/{hci0,hci1,...}/{hdp0,hdp1,...}
>
> 		object Connect(remote_instance_id)
>
> 			Connects with the remote instance and returns its object
> 			path.

It is important to mention explicitly that this remote_instance_id was revealed via GetHealthInstances().

And mention that the object it returns implements the HealthLink interface.

> 		void Disconnect(object device, boolean delete)
>
> 			Disconnect from the remote device. If delete is true,
> 			any status will also be deleted. Otherwise, the status
> 			will be kept for allowing future reconnections.

s/status/state/, and mention that state only survives while the respective adapter instance exists.

> 		uint16 OpenDataChannel(byte mdepid, byte config)
>
> 			Creates a new data channel with the indicated config
> 			to the remote MCAP Data End Point (MDEP).
> 			The configuration should indicate the channel quality of
> 			service.
> 			Returns the data channel id.

Which is the actual format of 'byte config'?

> 		void DeviceConnected(object path)
>
> 			This method is called whenever a new device connection
> 			has been established over the control channel of the
> 			current HDP instance. The object path contains the
> 			object path of the remote device.

"Remote device" is redundant, since it seems that BlueZ always calls "device" the remote thing, and "adapter" the local thing. I saw it first here, but it appears throughout the text.--