Re: [bugreport]

Hi Serhiy,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Serhiy Kachaniuk <serzholino@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/5/6 Serhiy Kachaniuk <serzholino@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi!
>>
>> My USB bluetooth adapter stopped working with new versions of bluez.
>> Latest version which works is 4.32.
>> I initially reported bug for ubuntu package in launchpad here
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/453885 , but then
>> i tried also opensuse livecd and problem remained there too, so looks
>> like it's not ubuntu specific.
>> jhe at #bluez-devel suggested to me to collect hcidump output on
>> bluetoothd startup, and then write to this mailinglist. I attached
>> suggested hcidumps for bluez versions 4.64 and 4.32, and looks like
>> 4.64 stops initialization process after it cannot read parameter
>> 'Default Link Policy Settings' from device.
>>
>> Can you please take a look at this bug?
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> Can someone turn this e-mail thread into bluez bugreport? If i
> understand correctly, only developers can create bluez bugreports in
> trac? Also, if you need any more debugging info, i would be glad to
> provide you with any.

This (the mailing list) is the correct place for bug reports.

Someone here in the office has an ancient Bluetooth 1.2 dongle, which
shows a similar problem. Now that you discovered that it is probably a
regression and I can reproduce it, I will try to debug it.

And it looks like that the hcidump logs that you attached in your
first email got lost somehow.

Anyway, I think that the only information missing is your kernel version.

Cheers,
--
Vinicius