Re: HDP proposed API

Hi,

El Tuesday 04 May 2010 12:04:31 Luiz Augusto von Dentz escribió:
> [...]
> >
> >                uint16 OpenDc(byte mdepid, byte config)
> >
> >                        Creates a new data channel with the indicated
> > config to the remote MCAP Data End Point (MDEP). The configuration
> > should indicate the channel quality of service.
> >                        Returns the data channel id.
> >
> >                        Possible errors: org.bluez.Error.InvalidArguments
> >                                         org.bluez.Error.HdpError
> >
> >                file_descriptor GetDcFd(uint16 mdlid)
> >
> >                        Gets a file descriptor where data can be readed or
> >                        writed for receive or sent by the data channel.
> >                        Returns the file descriptor
> >
> >                        Possible errors: org.bluez.Error.InvalidArguments
> >                                         org.bluez.Error.NotFound
> >                                         org.bluez.Error.HdpError
> >
> >                void DeleteDc(uint16 mdlid)
> >
> >                        Deletes a data channel so it will not be available
> > for use.
> >
> >                        Possible errors: org.bluez.Error.InvalidArguments
> >                                         org.bluez.Error.NotFound
> >                                         org.bluez.Error.HdpError
> >
> >                void DeleteAllDc()
> >
> >                        Deletes all data channels so it will not be
> > available for use. Typically this function is called when the connection
> > with the remote device will be closed permanently
> >
> >                        Possible errors: org.bluez.Error.HdpError
> >
> >                uint16 FirstRelDc()
> >
> >                        Returns the identificator of the first reliable
> > data channel connected for this device.
> >
> >                        Possible errors: org.bluez.Error.HdpError
> >
> > HDPAgent hierarchy
> > ==================
> >
> > Service         unique name
> > Interface       org.bluez.HdpAgent
> > Object path     freely definable
> >
> >                void DeviceConnected(object path)
> >
> >                        This method is called whenever a new device
> > connection has been established over the control channel of the current
> > HDP session. The objectpath contains the object path of the remote
> > device.
> >
> >                void DeviceDisconnected(object path)
> >
> >                        This method is called when a remote device is
> >                        disconnected definitively. Any future
> > reconnections will fail. Also all data channels associated to this
> > device will be closed.
> >
> >                void CreatedDc(object path, uint16 mdlid, filedescriptor
> > fd)
> >
> >                        This method is called when a new data channel is
> > created The path contains the object path of the device whith the new
> > connection is created, the mdlid the data channel identificator and the
> > fd is the file descriptor where the data can be readed or writed.
> >
> >                void DeletedDc(object path, uint16 mdlid)
> >
> >                        This method is called when a data channel is
> > closed. After this call the data channel will not be valid and can be
> > reused for future created data channels.
> >
> >                void DataReady(object path, uint16 mdlid, filedescriptor
> > fd)
> >
> >                        This method is called when there is new data that
> > can be readed in a data channel
> >
> > --
>
> This sounds a little too complicated for me, my suggestion for you
> guys is to first discuss a python script for the supported use cases
> to figure out what is the best approach here,

We will prepare a program that shows this usage, we are going to send it in a
few hours. It is normal not to understand this the first time because HDP is
quite estrange.

> a tool written in C
> would be nice too, so you will notice how much logic will got
> duplicate if someone has to do the same thing as the script does. Also
> I must say that this API goes against the design of our current 4.x
> API, since it creates its own device representation.

We know, but since HDP devices are associated to a HDP session it is necessary
to create a new type (maybe the name choosed is not a good idea :), we try to
create and object that handles an mcl, a connection between two HDP sessions
in different devices)

Regards.