Re: sniff mode

ext Marcel Holtmann wrote:
Hi Luiz,

It is just me or hci_conn_enter_active_mode will never do what its
name suggests. This check will always succeed:

      if (conn->mode != HCI_CM_SNIFF || !conn->power_save)
              goto timer;
so conn->power_save is used to disable automatic sniff mode for incoming
connections. Mainly HID since they manager it by themselves.
Hmm, but this seems to be done for any device regardless of its type.
So for example we start sending/receiving data to a headset it will
triggers hci_conn_enter_active_mode which I thought would exit sniff
mode, right? (yep, I have seem some headset that doesn't leave sniff
mode by their own).

I said this before. We need a socket option for L2CAP and RFCOMM that
can trigger leaving sniff mode even if the remote device initiated the
connection.

I guess I need to take this on my TODO list. Or is some one already working on this?

--
Ville