Re: Feature request: boolean properties to auto reconnect list of MAC's at daemon start up

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:

> > IIUC that's just how bluetooth input devices work: they do connect to
> > the host - not the other way round. So it is really a problem that
> > cannot be solved on bluez' side.
>
> Yep, most hid devices will just refuse the connection if the 'virtual
> cable plug' was already stabilised, in general this is also a bad idea
> for any connection attempt during the startup as we have no guarantee
> that the connection will complete.

see HIDNormallyConnectable attribute in the HID spec (7.11.13)

I certainly find with my Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse that the host
OS (not using BlueZ btw) can connect to them at boot without my
intervention.

iain