Re: Feature request: boolean properties to auto reconnect list of MAC's at daemon start up

Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 13:15:52 +0200
> Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Use-case: I have a lot of systems with successful connected bluetooth
>> keyboards. The boot-up of these systems are around 5 seconds with full
>> GUI. But the devices is not usable yet, because when you press a key
>> it first start connection... this takes almost the same time as the
>> complete boot-up and it forces an extra key press of the user every
>> time they start the system. Maybe some org.bluez.Input interface
>> thing?
>
> IIUC that's just how bluetooth input devices work: they do connect to
> the host - not the other way round. So it is really a problem that
> cannot be solved on bluez' side.

Isn't it so that the device was connected and it can be automaticly
reconnected after reboot? It would be a real useability issue for
bluetooth... Is it otherwise possible to speed up the reconnect process
or sent the key to the input driver after the connection. Wiith bluez
and evdev without hal and xorg and bluez 3.xx it wasn't nessesary to
repress the keys when it was not yet connected.

Best regards,

Jelle