Re: False negative checking for SSP support

On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 21:36 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Bastien,
>
> > I'm slowly adding SSP 2.1 support to gnome-bluetooth. For that, I got a
> > laptop running Fedora 11, with a Bluetooth 2.1 dongle, in addition to
> > the one in the machine I'm trying to pair from.
> >
> > Is there any reason why the other machine shows up as not supporting
> > SSP, when it actually does?
> >
> > We already handle that case in the wizard, but it would be nicer if it
> > did detect it.
>
> it could be an older kernel or some other detail. Did you check with
> hciconfig hci0 sspmode that it is enabled on both sides? You can
> manually disable it (actually bluetoothd has to manually enable it).

SSP pairing works, between both machines, so I don't think that's the
problem (though the device creation never seems to finish).

> We might also have a bug in LegacyPairing property. Could be that it is
> not working correctly. Can you post dumps and further details.

It correctly detects a headset as being SSP. What kind of dumps do you
want? Just a dump on the computer that's initiating the pairing, from
the discovery process?

I'll update my bluez first on both machines, and test again.

Cheers