Re: [RFC] Some kernel changes

Hi Marcel
   [Sorry sending again as the mail bounced]

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Nick,

>> > so I pushed my re-worked and pending patches to bluetooth-testing.git
>> > now. This adds support for BT_DEFER_SETUP and BT_SECURITY (only the
>> > logic and not the actual socket option).
>>
>> Ville: thanks for the patches, pausing RFCOMM while encryption is
>> disabled is a nice fix.
>>
>> I imagine that if encryption is not quickly re-established we need to
>> drop the RFCOMM link rather than leaving it paused though.
>>
>> We will do some testing of the current rfcomm-pause patches.
>
> so I pushed another set of patches to the bluetooth-testing.git tree and
> it should include the full BT_SECURITY implemention, BT_DEFER_SETUP for
> RFCOMM and SCO rejection if no listen socket is present.
>
> It currently only drops the connection is encryption is disabled when
> using BT_SECURITY_HIGH. That is only used for SAP anyway. For all other
> profiles we use BT_SECURITY_MEDIUM.

I updated our build with the patches and after picking up 6e26576c
(Pause RFCOMM TX when encryption drops) and fixes upto f32ef1836
(Enforce authentication before encryption) I see a couple of
problems::

    a)   I see that in rfcomm/core.c in function rfcomm_security_cfm:
when the remote side has dropped the encryption for the role change,
we set the RFCOMM_SEC_PENDING bit but we don't set RFCOMM_AUTH_PENDING
as suggested in Ville's original patch and so when encryption is
re-established we dont get past the - test_and_clear_bit
(RFCOMM_AUTH_PENDING) check in the function.

    b) I also see that we are not clearing the timer and hence after
RFCOMM_AUTH_TIMEOUT period expires we bring down the RFCOMM connection
even though the encryption has been established.

    Sorry, I don't have a patch ready as yet and hence the description
above to check if you have encountered the same.

 Thanks
 Jaikumar