Re: Sony BD Remote (the saga continues)

Jelle de Jong wrote:
There are a number of things not working yet. The connecting/pairing
system should make the input device, at leased that is what I think. The
X stuff is so that the input system can understand what it is saying,
this is some sort of hid driver for the device. This is also not yet
working. Then there is the thing that some of the developers like to
merge everything in gui application so that is can only be setup with
this gui or by manually creating dbus command and sending them ....

I am also not a bluez developer and I tolled people I would like to
understand how the heck somebody can implement proper support for these
devices (I got a bag full of non working bluetooth devices), nobody seem
to make the time to explain in detail how it works ... and how to get
add code to get it working.

So my strategy is just to wait until somebody cares to fix it... Not
very fast or effective but nothing else I can do. I spent far to much
time telling people it does not work.
then why does Bastien keep repeating that it is working?
has anybody else got it to work?

i'm not going to give up.
tomorrow i will put debug statements everywhere to see what is going on.
this has become a personnel challenge to get it working

--
simon