Re: [GIT PULL] Block driver changes for 5.20-rc1

On 8/2/22 3:33 PM, Keith Busch wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 02:18:57PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> And no, I don't want some "fix up broken code after the fact" commit
>> on top. I want that code excised, and I don't want to see another pull
>> request before it's (a) gone and (b) somebody has looked at where the
>> testing of this COMPLETELY failed.
>
> This issue was fixed more than 2 weeks ago, but wasn't included in this pull
> request. It's in the current block drivers-post tree, though:
>
>   https://git.kernel.dk/cgit/linux-block/commit/?h=for-5.20/drivers-post&id=4dfbd5418763018f33acded0871fbbc22c8e4695
>
> Do you want us to rebase the nvme pull request with the above squashed
> into the original commit instead?

I can just rebase drivers and drivers-post into one now that the core
bits are in. It was a bit of a pain since later driver changes ended up
needing more core changes (and has made me re-think the split approach,
I want to make this one block branch going forward since this isn't the
first time).

But if I just rebase drivers + drivers-post into one branch, then I can
squash the commit.

As to testing, I'm going to punt that question to Hannes and Christoph,
as I have no way of testing that particular NVMe feature.

--
Jens Axboe