Re: uring regression - lost write request

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 10:44 AM Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/11/21 10:28 AM, Jens Axboe wrote:

Thanks for bearing with it.

Good.

It was NUMA. Pre 5.14.14 I could produce it on a simpler test on a single node.

Yes ext4.

I've been libreating prebuilt kernels, however on the path to self-built again.

Just searching for the holy penguin pee (from yaboot da(ze|ys)) to
peesign(sic) EFI kernels.
jk, working through docs:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/kernel/build-custom-kernel/

> >> Can you try with this patch? It's against -git, but it will apply to
> >> 5.15 as well.
> >
> > I think that one covered one potential gap, but I just managed to
> > reproduce a stall even with it. So hang on testing that one, I'll send
> > you something more complete when I have confidence in it.
>
> Alright, give this one a go if you can. Against -git, but will apply to
> 5.15 as well.

Applied, built, attempting to boot....