Re: uring regression - lost write request

On 11/11/21 7:30 AM, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 11/10/21 11:52 PM, Daniel Black wrote:
>>> Would it be possible to turn this into a full reproducer script?
>>> Something that someone that knows nothing about mysqld/mariadb can just
>>> run and have it reproduce. If I install the 10.6 packages from above,
>>> then it doesn't seem to use io_uring or be linked against liburing.
>>
>> Sorry Jens.
>>
>> Hope containers are ok.
>
> Don't think I have a way to run that, don't even know what podman is
> and nor does my distro. I'll google a bit and see if I can get this
> running.
>
> I'm fine building from source and running from there, as long as I
> know what to do. Would that make it any easier? It definitely would
> for me :-)

The podman approach seemed to work, and I was able to run all three
steps. Didn't see any hangs. I'm going to try again dropping down
the innodb pool size (box only has 32G of RAM).

The storage can do a lot more than 5k IOPS, I'm going to try ramping
that up.

Does your reproducer box have multiple NUMA nodes, or is it a single
socket/nod box?

--
Jens Axboe