Re: ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.13.0-rc6 (block, b0740de3)

On 6/21/21 5:49 PM, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 05:42:15PM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:

>>> the link _which isn't in the first email i got_.  the redhat cki system
>>> is not very useful _because it doesn't do an automatic bisect and cc the
>>> author of the commit_.
>>
>> Kinks are still being worked out on that, nobody has claimed it's
>> perfect yet. Some manual input/labor is still required.
>>
>> But it's useful, as this report has indicated. So maybe try and be a bit
>> nicer and appreciative, instead of grumpy and dismissive. It did find a
>> problem with YOUR patch, fwiw.
>
> and i've already fixed it, and tested it with a make allmodconfig.

Which should have been done before submitting a patch like this.

> turned out to be the only missing place.
>
> i get grumpy when people implement auto-harassing systems badly.

It's a bad look of entitlement when complaints are made about everything
not being served on a silver platter. The service has been useful to me,
and it was useful in this particular case. Can it be improved? Surely,
everything can, and this one is a bit more rough around the edges than
the intel build bot. Which, coincidentally, has been around for many
years, so hardly surprising. This one triggered quickly, the intel bot
sometimes takes _days_ to produce anything. Improvements can be made in
both cases.

And _I_ was the one that CC'ed you on the report, as it was your commit
that broke the build, not the bot. Nobody got auto-harassed here.

--
Jens Axboe