Re: [GIT PULL] Followup merge window block fixes/changes

On 11/17/2017 12:35 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> "F*ck no, that code is too ugly, you need to write it so that it can
>> be maintained".
>
> Dammit, the rest of the pull looks ok, so I'll take it anyway.
>
> But I really do expect you to
>
>  (a) clean up that mess - maybe with my patch as an example, but maybe
> some entirely different way. The patch I sent is already deleted from
> my tree, it was purely meant as an example.
>
>  (b) really push back on people when they send you ugly code
>
> It shouldn't have to always be me being upset and pushing back on the
> block pulls.

My bad, I have probably given Paolo and Luca a bit more leeway than
usual, since they are new to upstream development and the BFQ code does
need some cleanups here and there. A huge part of that was completed as
part of getting it merged, but it still needs a bit of love.

Now that they have received the Linus hazing, I guess the honey moon is
over.

In all seriousness, I do push back on crap quite often. Sometimes I miss
some too...

--
Jens Axboe