在 2023/2/28 06:08, Eric Wheeler 写道:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2023, mingzhe wrote:
在 2023/2/19 17:39, Coly Li 写道:
Subject: [PATCH v2] bcache: Add support for live resize of backing devices
Signed-off-by: Andrea Tomassetti <andrea.tomassetti-opensource@xxxxxxxx>
I am fine with this patch and added it in my test queue now. Do you have an
updated version, (e.g. more coding refine or adding commit log), then I can
update my local version.
I posted some patchsets about online resize.
-[PATCH v5 1/3] bcache: add dirty_data in struct bcache_device
-[PATCH v5 2/3] bcache: allocate stripe memory when partial_stripes_expensive
-[PATCH v5 3/3] bcache: support online resizing of cached_dev
There are some differences:
1. Create /sys/block/bcache0/bcache/size in sysfs to trigger resize
Can the final version name the sysfs entry "resize", because "size" sounds
like you are setting a specific size, not triggering a resize.
OK. I will update a version.
2. Allocate stripe memory only if partial_stripes_expensive is true
3. Simplify bcache_dev_sectors_dirty()
Since the bcache superblock uses some sectors, the actual space of the bcache
device is smaller than the backing. In order to provide a bcache device with a
user-specified size, we need to create a backing device with a larger space,
and then resize bcache. So resize can specify the size is very necessary.
this is the second version of the patch. As you correctly pointed out,
I implemented roll-back functionalities in case of error.
I'm testing this funcionality using QEMU/KVM vm via libvirt.
Here the steps:
1. make-bcache --writeback -B /dev/vdb -C /dev/vdc
2. mkfs.xfs /dev/bcache0
3. mount /dev/bcache0 /mnt
3. dd if=/dev/random of=/mnt/random0 bs=1M count=1000
4. md5sum /mnt/random0 | tee /mnt/random0.md5
5. [HOST] virsh blockresize <vm-name> --path <disk-path> --size
6. xfs_growfs /dev/bcache0
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with a different file name (e.g. random1.md5)
7. umount/reboot/remount and check that the md5 hashes are correct with
md5sum -c /mnt/random?.md5
drivers/md/bcache/super.c | 84 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
1 file changed, 83 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/drivers/md/bcache/super.c b/drivers/md/bcache/super.c
index ba3909bb6bea..1435a3f605f8 100644