Re: Small Cache Dev Tuning

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 10:57:43AM -0400, Marc Smith wrote:
> This certainly helps me allow more dirty data than what the defaults
> are set to.

I only have production experience with slightly older kernels (4.15) and
~40GB partition of an Intel DC SATA SSD (XFS fs). Average latency of the
bcache device improved a lot with _reduced_ writeback_percent. I guess
dirty block bookkeeping adds its own I/O.
Currently I run them even at writeback_percent=1.

Not exactly answering your question, though :-)

Matthias

 But a couple other followup questions: