Re: Sysfs-Configurable readahead and background bypasses

Hi!

Am So., 17. Feb. 2019 um 07:22 Uhr schrieb Coly Li <colyli@xxxxxxx>:
> I am open with the ioprio patch, and also I plan to provide it for some
> partners and wait for the response (not do it yet, but on my plan). What
> I concern is the confused configuration interface, we need to make it
> much simpler. We don't need to check ioprio very accurate, if we can
> find a way to configure it simpler. We need someone work on it, that is it.

I'm still not sure if we can really simplify it - given that it is
neither complicated nor misleading the way it is now.

The interface defines just two variables: A lower threshold below
which caching is always skipped, and an upper threshold above which
writeback is always forced.

The fact that each threshold is made from two values doesn't make it
complicated. It just two octal digits represented as separate decimal
values.

Thanks,
Kai