Re: kernel cmdline parameters for bcache devices

On 2018/8/7 7:12 PM, Rolf Fokkens wrote:
> Hoi Coly,
>
> Thanks for the info. Up till 2015 g2b was maintaining bcache-tools, I
> still have an open pull request:
> https://github.com/g2p/bcache-tools/pull/20
>
>    "It may be useful to set bcache parameters in an early stage during
>    boot, for example to tune the boot performance when the root fs is
>    on a bcache device. The best moment is right before the root fs is
>    actually mounted, which means it may need to be done in the initramfs."
>

> I include this change already in the Fedora packages, because upstream
> got a little stuck. But now upstream may be alive again, what's the
> proper way to send pull requests?

Oh, I see. I would prefer to continue use
https://bcache.evilpiepirate.org , but before posting patches for Kent
to merge I can setup a for-next tree for people to rebase, review and
test the patches,

You may rebase your patch against for-next branch of
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/colyli/bcache-tools.git/

And I will help to review, collect and test the patches during my
development activities. For other patches if I run them for quite long
time and everything is OK, I will post them to Kent. This procedure may
reduce workload from Kent IMHO.

How do you think of this idea ?

Coly Li