Re: New bcache maintainer

On 10/12/2017 08:49 PM, Kent Overstreet wrote:
> Michael Lyle will be taking over the role of bcache maintainer. He has my
> complete confidence as well as excellent technical judgement and prior
> experinence, so please work with him and help him out :)
>
> I'll still be available for questions/advice at the code; I've been discussing
> with Michael his work on the writeback code, and anyone else who's doing work on
> the bcache code should feel free to contact me as well - best way is as always
> via the bcache irc channel, on irc.oftc.net. But I'll still be focusing on
> bcachefs, and I expect that Michael and Coly and others will be able to handle
> most anything that comes up.
>
> And now, I would like to ask everyone to thank Michael for taking this on,
> playing the maintainer role isn't exactly fun and I know he'll make a better
> maintainer than I ever was :)

Kent ---

Thanks for your support, you may be a little over-optimistic.

Everyone else--

I'm looking forward to working with you all to make bcache better--
faster, more robust, and more concurrent.

A bit of my background-- I've been running Linux since 0.99pl15.  I'm
currently maintainer of dRonin, a drone autopilot with a few thousand
users, and a few related repositories of tools.

Professionally, I've worked in the area of high-speed networking,
distributed systems, and block storage at a variety of startups.
including supervising and contributing to a bit of driver work.  I am
new to maintaining a subsystems, though, so I'd appreciate everyone's
help and patience.

I have a tree up at

https://github.com/mlyle/linux/ bcache-for-next

which contains linux-next and Coly's latest for-next patches, plus a
couple more on my control system series of changes.  I also have put up
a preliminary continuous integration builder at:

http://jar.lyle.org:8080/job/linux/

which right now just builds branches in my repository, but I am planning
to add some limited automated VM test of bcache to it and checkpatch
etc.  A summary of the current state of the bcache-for-next tree is
currently at:

http://jar.lyle.org:8080/job/linux/16/

Mike