Re: bcachefs: can bcachefs export block devices?

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 05:30:02PM -0700, Eric Wheeler wrote:
> Hey Kent,
>
> I noticed that blockdev.c got an overhaul in bcache-dev recently.  Getting
> closer to blockdev export from bcachefs?

No, not really. I've actually hardly touched that stuff - to the extent that I
have I've just been fixing a few random bugs here and there to get the old style
bcache functionality closer to working again.

> Actually it looks like you've been pretty busy on that branch in general.
>
> What's new?

Oh, random stuff. I've been posting some on patreon lately:
https://www.patreon.com/bcachefs

(And yes, I do need money if anyone would be willing to chip in).

The main user visible thing is compression is finally useful - I finally
finished the disk accounting stuff so that enabling compression actually lets
you store more data on a fs.

Besides that, it's mainly been bug fixing and internal refactoring working
towards snapshots. I'm gonna write something up about the plan for snapshots
soon.