Re: bcache and hibernation

Mathijs Kwik <mathijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

>> System boots as usual, but during kernel boot it finds a hibernation in
>> swap area and just restores it.
>
> I understand how suspend works. My question is regarding the steps
> _before_ finding the hibernation image. My guess is there are situations
> where detecting/activating a bcache device before restoring the
> hibernation image can lead to disaster.
>
> So either this is not the case (I would like an explanation why), or I
> need a way to make sure udev does not register bcache before resuming.

Are you sure that user space runs before the resume image is loaded? I know
that initrd could do that but as far as I see, if you supply the resume
option to the kernel cmdline, the kernel will take care of resuming before
initrd userspace does it - which should pretty well circumvent your problem.

BTW: I'm using the resume= option and had no problem with hibernation. It
seems to work fine.

--
Replies to list only preferred.