Re: good bcache use case?

> From my research so far, it seems that bcache in the 3.10 kernel is

> considered stable enough for production, and there shouldn't be any issues
> using software RAID for the backing and cache devices? Even with writeback
> enabled?

Anything shy of the official linux 3.11.5 kernel release has several time-bomb bugs. And apparently the project's GIT repo is an unreliable place to get the bug-fixed code because it's not being kept up to date. Until Kent et. al. remedies this procedural problem I would *only* use the 3.11.5 release and personally would be a bit circumspect in calling it fully production ready. I don't believe there are any known significant bugs but with the recent flurry of fixes I'd liken it's solidity as more pudding rather than cake.