Re: SSD cache with regular partition, like BSD swapcache

> Hence, looking for a non-writeback SSD cache which can be transparently
> added and removed from the system.

Removing / Adding a caching device within Bcache can be done on a live
system, so long as a backing device is created before hand. This was
explained here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.bcache.devel/1886

> Doesn't look like it's possible from the docs; has there been any work on
> this -- a different 'glue' or front end?

Is this what you are looking for? https://github.com/g2p/blocks

This should keep any data on the backing device without the need to format.

Hope that helps,
-Adam

--
Adam Brenner