Re: bcache hangs with continuous write I/O to SSD device, bcache device stops working

Am 22.03.2013 15:19, schrieb Heiko Wundram:
In my case, the syncing was still going on after around 16 hours (I
simply let the system run after it got locked in this state). As I've
only got around 2GB of page cache in the corresponding system that was
used as the test bed, most probably, the system wasn't (still) flushing
data, but rather spinning on something else.

I'm not entirely sure what difference I made, but it seems that this problem has disappeared (hasn't surfaced over the last three days, whereas before it was a matter of hours).

I've updated the kernel to statically contain bcache and the DM/md infrastructure (which should be unrelated, except for being part of a stack of block devices). Anyway, that seems to have done the trick, in case anybody else is experiencing this.

--
--- Heiko.