Creating a patch against upstream kernel 3.7.4

Hi all,

I'm quite a n00b when it comes to the ins and outs of using git... My last real project using something like this was when CVS was all the rage!

I'm wanting to try to make an automated method to create a single patch file for all the changes required against the upstream kernel version. This will allow me to easily manage changes until things are merged. It will also allow a one-liner in my Xen Dom0 scripting to let me patch bcache into the kernel (good!).

Does git have a way to do this?

I just tried to check out the bcache tree, but I just got:
$ git clone http://evilpiepirate.org/git/linux-bcache.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/netwiz/linux-bcache/.git/
error: RPC failed; result=22, HTTP code = 405

and nothing more.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx