Re: Block Size for Windows

On 27/08/2012 21:00, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

2) The windows setup didn't complain that it couldn't install on the LV, but once I clicked 'next', the Dom0 crashed and the server rebooted. A lot of output was displayed on screen but quickly vanished as the system rebooted. I'm trying to see if the output was saved anywhere. Any ideas why this could of happened and/or where the output might be saved?

I'd also like to add that after the server came back up, the md raid array started rebuilding. I wondering if that's just a coincidence (due to the forced reboot), or a sign of something wrong with the md integration with bcache?

I'm going to see if Windows installs natively on the md array (it's RAID 10 btw) and post back here.

Ok, so trying to install Windows directly onto the spindles causes the same thing to happen. I'm going to try and boot up into the non-bcache kernel (The default ubuntu one) and see if it works there. If it fails there, then this is clearly a xen and/or mdraid issue...

Thanks