Block Size for Windows

Hi Everyone,

I'm running bcache on my md raid device for use with my xen machine (via LVM). It works very well for Linux DomUs. However, I'm having some trouble installing Windows. When I enter the WIndows 2008 setup, it refuses to install to the LV volume. Reading the mailing lists, I feel this may have something to do with the block size that bcache is using.

Assuming that my cache is md0, and my spindles are md1, it is my understanding that to change the block size I would have to do:

make-bcache --block 512 --cache /dev/md0
and
make-bcache --block 512 --bdev /dev/md1

However, this doesn't appear to work is both of the above devices are already set for bcache (The block size seems to still be '1' according to the output that make-bcache gives).

However do I change the block size? I don't really mind if all data is lost, as this is just a test machine.

I am using the 3.2 branch of bcache

Many Thanks