Resizing bcache backing store

In the case where the bcache backing store is resizeable (eg. a
logical volume), is it possible to resize the backing store without
breaking bcache? Let's say, for example, that I would
unmount/unregister /dev/bcacheX, resize the backing store,
reregister/remount the cache.

I imagine a better approach would be to layer LVM on the cache device
itself. However, in this particular case, I set up the bcache before I
had learned how to get LVM to use a bcache device as a PV.

-davidc