Re: Graphic card

On 12/25/2014 03:13 PM, Aurélien Leblond wrote:
I was wondering if you guys would have a few advice for graphic card?
My laptop blew up a few days ago, so I'm building a pc to replace it
(haven't done that in years) - I'm not a gamer, the only things me and my
wife are doing are music production and photo editing, only running Linux.

I also prefer the Intel processors with built-in video (Intel HD Graphics). But beware:

1.  Some chips (Atom?) have proprietary graphics without Linux support.

2. The newest chips require the newest kernel, X, and/or Intel graphics driver, which might not be found in "stable" distributions.

Be sure to research the exact chip and FOSS distribution before you purchase.

HTH,

David