Re: Just got Android tablet for Christmas

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 5:54 AM, Set Hallström <sakrecoer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a hard time understanding why a tablet need to be approached so much differently than computers. Alright, the interface is different.... but what else? Can someone explain to me?

in most GUI software the "interface" (mapping between model state, user input and visual presentation) is the majority of the code. Changing the interface isn't a detail, it's everything. Tablets have (a) no keyboard (b) no concept of pointer motion without a drag (c) no concept of hover (d) much less screen real estate (e) multitouch (in some cases, at least). that is enough of a set of changes that any desktop application which took advantage of some of the scale of a desktop system will likely need to be reconceived fairly deeply.