Re: turn your tablet into a real physical interface

On 11/02/2014 01:41 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 21:56:58 -1000
david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Knobs and sliders that you could stick onto a tablet surface would
make it very easy to arrange your layout the way you wanted, instead
of how the product engineer decided he or she wanted it.

So I take my folding rule and my iPad 2 to provide some data.

The touch screen is < 20 cm * < 15 cm small. Very unlikely that you
will be able to make your wanted layout, more likely you'll try to get
something that fits to that small size. There might be larger tablet
PCs available, but the issue anyway is the same.

Wacom has a 12" tablet that works with fingers or stylus, available running either Android or Windows 8.

I like feeling a real knob or slider, not the flat slick surface of a picture of a knob or slider.

A number of all-in-one PCs now have large touch screens. Unfortunately, they seem to run only Windows.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx