Re: [OT]: Re: turn your tablet into a real physical interface

On 31/10/2014 06:09, david wrote:
saw this design and first thing I thought of was using it to make music.

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/sliders-knobs-dials-give-tablet-physical-interface/

I think the pros and conts of user interaction with touch screens have been extensively studied and are widely available online (just google for it).
Regarding controllers the only advantage of using e.g. tablets for music-related stuff is the fact they are wireless (and in some case they may serve as performative elements because they are perceived as 'cool' by the audience..)

I found a post by Bret Victor [1] particularly interesting and thought-provoking (linked by alex from the eightycolumn mailing list [2]).

Lorenzo.

[1] http://worrydream.com/ABriefRantOnTheFutureOfInteractionDesign/
[2] https://multiplace.sk/pipermail/eightycolumn/2014-April/000880.html

Regarding wireless controllerism, there are aproaches in that regard:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/quneo-rogue-wireless-midi-controller-accessory

--

C. sanchiavedraZ:
* NEW / NUEVO:     www.sanchiavedraZ.com