Current way to get ZASF as a plugin?

Hi everyone

I'd really like to be able to finally use the new and shiny ZynAddSubFX in Qtractor (latest from source).

I tried the "zynaddsubfx_dssi" but even ghostess could not start it:

⚡ ghostess /usr/lib/dssi/libzynaddsubfx_dssi.so
ghostess: ghostess starting...
ghostess: failed to load plugin library /usr/lib/dssi/libzynaddsubfx_dssi.so

Then I build the full monty using the latest source tar.gz on SF, because I could not get the git master branch to compile (I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 with 3.13.0-36-generic).

Now ghostess does load something

⚡ ghostess ~/src/zynaddsubfx-2.4.4/build/src/libzynaddsubfx_dssi.so
ghostess: ghostess starting...
ghostess: instance  0 on channel  0, plugin  0 is 'libzynaddsubfx_dssi/ZASF/inst00'
ghostess: listening using ALSA MIDI
ghostess ready

I get a small window with just a "UI" button ; when clicked, it reveals a window with a "Send test note" that works! :) Just a sine wave "a" but still.
There are "bank" & "program" menus, but they don't seem to work.
In Qtractor, I get basically the same thing, without the test sound :/

It seems to be lacking both UI definitions and instruments.

I also tried building Carla and puttin bin/carla.lv2 in my lv2 dir, carla showed up in qtractor LV2 tab but failed to load with

suil error: Unable to wrap UI type <http://kxstudio.sf.net/ns/lv2ext/external-ui#Widget> as type <http://lv2plug.in/ns/extensions/ui#Qt4UI>

exec failed: No such file or directory

read() returned 0

force killing misbehaved child 11048 (start)

Carla assertion failure: "fPipeSend != -1" in file ../../utils/CarlaPipeUtils.hpp, line 422

Carla assertion failure: "fUiServer.isOk()" in file CarlaEngineNative.cpp, line 935

QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action
(...)

How can I link all this together? Wow, I'm on it since early this morning!? Thanks to anyone who's listening.

Phil

PS - I tried the "zynadd" package (can't find the sources/repo) w/o any luck
PPS - WAIT! I missed the " ZynAddSubFX" entry in the LV2 list! This is from Carla (I tested it by trying to remove the carla.lv2 dir) ; It does load (and a song save / qtractor restart yeld no error) only I can't neither load a new instrument (I cloned the instrument repo and selected the dir as the default) nor seem to affect the sine sound playing (I turn the knobs, say ADSR in edit instrument and nothing changes)) so now I don't have ZASF but can see it from where I am :) Thank you for your patience.