Re: mplayer no go with snd-hdsp

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014, F. Silvain wrote:

I suggest the same as Giso. If you are learning music, you might want to use other audio apps at the same time anyway. So go for the JACK Audio Connection Kit. I've used it ever since I started with Linux. I don't have an RME, but I have a multichannel audio interface.

I have the Multiface II, and it's nearly impossible to address through raw Alsa without some deep kung-fu. Though Jack you should be able to see all of its i/o's and use it with MPlayer or whatever you want.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky