Re: Low-latency Bluetooth 96kHz audio?

On Tue, 9 Sep 2014, Jonathan E Brickman wrote:

Anyone know if this:

http://goldkabel.de/index.php/bluetooth-audio-receiver.html

works well with Jackd?  Can it run <5ms latency at 96 kHz with a good
Bluetooth 3.0 adapter?

I am assuming you have not yet bought this device. But if you have, the first thing is to find out if there is an alsa driver for it. This page seems to indicate that there is work in this direction but that it is not complete:
http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/
The fact that pulse has it's own BT IF would also indicate to me that there is no stable ALSA implementation.

So while it may work ok in pulse... lowlatency would be a problem (a pulse thing) it looks like not with ALSA (Jackd depends on ALSA unless there is a bluetooth backend for jackd - none that I am aware of)

So it looks like Bluetooth audio is not an option for low latency work.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net