Re: Session management with NSM

On 2014-09-04 08:38, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Rui:
this fact alone might add to its "strangeness" i guess

Yes, that is strange, I don't care about NSM, but I care about the vague
sync I get even if I stay with a jackd latency setting. Rounding is not
ok and btw. I want to be able to change the jackd latency without moving
clips. That the position of audio tracks is rounded to the MIDI
resolution, even if I move them manually is another issue.

as said, automatic latency compensation in qtractors audio recording is a one-time settlement--it gets settled at the time you take the recording. nevermore it gets auto-adjusted later on, ie. the take offset value, as read from jack_port_get_latency*(), won't ever change thereafter. that means you're in charge to tweak it later if you please, by summoning the clip properties dialog and changing the offset value as you wish.

rest assured that, in qtractor sequencer model, ever since its inception, all time locations do honor the midi/music metric scale resolution. that has been kind of an argument why i always posed qtractor as *not a DAW* but rather a *sequencer with (some) DAW features* ;)

cheers
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela