Re: Record from M-Audio 2496 S/PDIF input

On Mon, 4 Aug 2014, Ivan K wrote:

  make the user that you are trying to run Jack under
  a member of the "audio" group. (I am running Fedora 20
  if that matters, maybe other distributions do not have
  an "audio" group.

Ubuntu does not add users to audio by default as some other distros do, so it has to be done manually :P Hopefully this will change.

HOWEVER ... I have lost some of my M-Audio cards
functionality.

qjackctl's [Connect] window under the Audio tab
USE TO DISPLAY THIS: