Re: ams-lv2 1.0.2 and a tutorial

On 02/09/2014 08:37 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

VST, like most plugin APIs, only really knows about audio and MIDI. AMS
does not fit into that paradigm, in the same way that no self-respecting
hardware modular synthesizer lets you patch MIDI from module. They may
support MIDI I/O, but the main data that flows around between modules is
control voltage.

Hmmm.

So it's not possible to wrap AMS (with it's self contained modules and functionality intact) in VSTi? I'd be surprised, but I never coded a VSTi, so how am I?

I just find it really hard to believe, since AMS on my box is a self-contained piece of software that connects with the outside world through a gui (like VSTi), midi I/O (like VSTi) and audio (like VSTi). But unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible...

It seems we are talking about two things: I'm talking about the "whole of AMS, canvas + buildin modules, but nothing else", it seems to me you're talking about "individual modules as VSTi and then try to connect them in my host". Or?

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk