Re: Bitwig at long last...?

On 02/07/2014 05:54 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
On 02/07/2014 04:27 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Aaargh, I own a nice single coil Ibanez guitar, but I love to play the
SG's of friends :). The fingerboard of a SG is close to a classical
guitar, the mechanics are bad, but the "rest" is amazing. It's my
favourite guitar, just because I grow up as a musician by imitating
Jimi, I bought this single coil Ibanez. Today I would buy a SG :).

As the owner of a 1970 SG I can say that the fingerboard doesn't feel at
all like the one from a classical guitar. Also the mechanics of my SG
are in pretty good shape for a guitar of 44 years old. Just to make
clear that not every SG has the same fingerboard or bad mechanics. And
then I'm not talking about how different they can sound. My SG has P90's
but I've owned one with humbuckers too which sounded completely
different. And then I almost forget the player. Robby Krieger sounds
completely different than say Tony Iommi or Angus Young.
On-topic, I think the same way about DAW's. I consider generalizing a vice.

Lead guitarist I played with in 1973-1975 had a 1959 Gibson SG. It didn't feel or sound anything like my classical guitar (1973 Garcia Concert Model 3). In his hands, it was always high-treble with the wah-wah cranked for high treble; I still have a hearing loss in that range courtesy of him. Who in a garage band used earplugs back then?

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx