Re: Bitwig at long last...?

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Max <abonnements@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 2014년 01월 22일 22:35, schrieb Paul Davis:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Max <abonnements@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:abonnements@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     the modular system also teased for the next version is strange too. I
>     wish they'd just incorporate Pd into Bitwig. Who needs Max for
>     Live then.
>

> oh sure. "just incorpate" it. one of the biggest engineering efforts
> in Live's history, and you want them "just" do it.
>
> it would be cool, though.

I wasn't suggesting that is is trivial. I was only wondering why they
want to reinvent the wheel rather than making use of something that is
already there (and in BSD license). This is the screenshot from their
site and their patching environment:
http://bitwig.com/dms/bitwig/img/announcement_page/sections/2/native-modular-system.png

Maybe for the same reasons that led to Ingen or AlsaModularSynth or Reaktor or ... ?

And maybe because they want tighter integration than can "easily" be reached with PD ?