Re: Jack Error, dbus, x11???

On 01/06/2014 01:23 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Kevin Utter <kvutter@xxxxxxxx
<mailto:kvutter@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all!  I'm running Ubuntu 12.10.

Possibly the worst distro (version) for using JACK. There is a bug in
PulseAudio in this version of Ubuntu that makes it very hard to use JACK.

Upgrade, downgrade or prepare yourself for a lot of hassle.

I have Ubuntu 13.10 on my new laptop. JACK and Pulse seem to be getting along on it, in my very limited testing.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is out April 17, 2014.

Then there is this:

    I'm trying to run jackd from a terminal outside of Infinity desktop.
      (A separate login, I think?)  When I run jackd with the parameters
    I need, I get the following:

    Failed to connect to session bus for device reservation Unable to
    autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11

this is a highly specialized use of JACK, and if you want to do this you
either need to know and understand a lot more about D-Bus or you need to
avoid using a version of jack with d-bus support builtin.

Sounds way more complicated than anything I've done!

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx