Re: options for hard real time kernel for raring 13.04

2013/9/11 Marco Donnarumma <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hey all,

I just switched to Mint Olivia 15 (based on Ubuntu Raring 13.04). I use quite cpu-intensive puredata patches with processing of 2 live audio inputs on a firewire soundcard through ffado and qjackctl (jack2).

Although my machine runs a low-latency kernel and it has been configured for pro audio (I use the realtimeConfigurationScan script), I still get xruns and sometimes qjackctl randomly hangs up making the sound to stop completely.

Before, I used to work with ubuntu 10.04 and rt-kernel without a itch. Is anybody still using a rt-kernel with the latest Mint or Ubuntu, or just refining settings etc..?

if a rt-kernel is the best option, should I patch mine, since it looks like there are no packaged rt-kernels for Raring?
Can't access Abogani ppa, and KXS kernels are available up to Precise.

thanks in advance for any hint, or suggestions about what to try!
best wishes

compiling a RT kernel is quite straightforward, BTW you can install a debian rt kernel: http://packages.debian.org/jessie/linux-image-rt-amd64

/r