Re: pro gear that runs embedded linux...

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
However, most consumer satellite television receivers have Linux inside,
Android is Linux, but nobody would win customers, if they would
advertise their gear with Linux inside. Too many people experience
frustrating issues, when they tried to use Linux.

*Raises hand*  Yes, I've had some frustrating issues.

Linux *is* frustrating to setup, but then tends to be very reliable and hassle-free once you've gone through the work to get there.  Having an engineer setup and program my embedded electronics means that someone else has already had the headaches.  Then, I get to enjoy the fun parts.

Whether or not you get that across to your customers is just a marketing issue.