Re: Linux Audio podcast. episode002

On 08/14/2013 06:10 AM, J. Liles wrote:

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:louigi.verona@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hey fellas!

    This time talking of getting tired to file bug reports, get the
    podcast here:
    http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_podcast
    <http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_podcast>

    Would be interested in what you think!

    --
    Louigi Verona
    http://www.louigiverona.ru/

Wow. OK. Well, let me say a few things from the other perspective. The
point you keep repeating is that youre 'tired of filing bug reports'.
Well, how do you think a developer who spends decades of their lives
making something and giving it away for free, when 90% of the feedback
they get is in the form of complaining? Don't you imagine that that
would become far more tiresome than filling out a bug report every
couple of months? If you consider the time that the developer of the
software your using has spent in order to give it to you FOR FREE, and
OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEARTS--years or decades of their nights
and weekends, how does that compare to the few minutes it takes you to
file a report? I say this to put your grievances in perspective--because
it's quite clear that you really have no idea how petty it sounds to
someone who is not currently as enraged with frustration as you are.

Now, let's talk about that frustration. I know it well. In fact, anyone
who uses software at all knows it well. You single out free software and
linux audio, but believe me, the bugs are by now means limited to that
domain.

I've watched a friend of mine go through 3 different Windows systems, with the aid of vendors that deal exclusively in systems for pro audio use - and still not have a usable, bug-free system.

Biggest complaint I have about Microsoft is they've somehow convinced people that problems with software and computers are "normal". "Just shut down and restart."

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx