Re: RME Multiface and an extra 8 output channels

On Tue, 14 May 2013, Florian Faber wrote:

Brent,

* You can go with RME MADI, which is MADIly expensive, but has an insane
channel count.  Sadly, as far as I know, there's no support in Linux for
TotalMix or anything like it if you go this route, though it is driver
compatible with Alsa and Jack.  You just won't have any GUI mixer like
hdspmixer, which would kind of stink, especially on such pro-grade
hardware.

If you don't know something, please at least don't spread wrong
information. You are mardorfing there.

Does hdspmixer support a MADI with 32 or 64 channels? Will its GUI even display a thing like that?

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky