Re: ABX test invite

On 04/05/2013 03:50 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Unfortunately it's not allowed to upload GEMA music, even not 5 or 10 seconds: http://www.swishzone.de/software-allgemein/wieviel-sekunden-muss-gema-gebuehren-zahlen-8507.html#post65862 Since I know how often Dirk had disputes with people for nothing, I won't upload it, while I don't guess that he or GEMA does follow LAU. The composer can't decide to allow playing the music anymore, it's just somebody else needed to contact the GEMA and they would sue me. I recommend to delete the Axel F. upload, if it was done by using a private IP. Regards, Ralf [1] "Die ganze Zeit" Tim Isfort Orchestra with Katharina Thalbach & Blixa Bargeld Orchestra recorded: Aula Adolfinun, Moers Vocals recorded: AFN-Studio, Berlin Recording: Stefan Höhnerbach (mixer), Dirk Brauner (microphony) Assistants: Peter Spotka, Tilman Oeckinghaus, Christian Junk, Harald Stark, Ralf Mardorf Conductor: Malte Pagel Director: http://www.tim-isfort.de/Tim_Isfort/Work/Eintrage/2012/11/23_Tim_Isfort_Orchester.html

Don't we have fair use laws in most of the world? Academic research (testing encoders) should be covered by it, no?

Flo

--
Florian Paul Schmidt
http://fps.io