Re: ABX test invite

Quoting Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@xxxxxxxxx>:

2013/4/5 Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@xxxxxxxxx>:
So here is the thing, it makes a large difference what the source is as to
how obvious it would be.

Right, as I said in a previous post ABX test is "statistics
pornography", allow me this metaphor :-)

It relies on weak assumptions (thomas just explained) and hence a
bunch of variables which variance can't be somewhat controlled
(statistically speaking) to isolate the dependent variable, ie the
real ability to discriminate (golden ears)...

Agreed the source material probably makes quite a difference. I'd imagine there's music that would be transparent at ~100 kbps while other might require ~160.

As previously stated I do believe the AxelF sample is in the harder-to-encode region for MP3 encoders so I'm pretty sure my concentrated listening threshold for average music is somewhere around 130-140 kbps or so.

 - Peder